Winners of 2015 Chocolate Affair
Well, the weather outside was frightful, but frigid temps and blowing snow are not enough to keep our local chocolate lovers away! The 2015 A Chocolate Affair was a great success with over 120 people coming through to try the delectable treats dreamed up by a dozen different bakers and baking teams. World Fare sends a huge thank you to all who entered, and a big congratulations to this year’s winners, who each went home with a World Fare gift certificate and a special edition, handmade Valentine’s vessel from our resident potter, Elizabeth Brouwer.
- People’s Choice First Place: Cian Monroe (Chocolate Bark with Peanut Butter)
- People’s Choice Second Place: Lorie Minor (Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Brownies)
- People’s Choice Third Place: Elisabeth Wenger (Cappuccino Fudge Cheesecake)
- Most Original: Lorie Minor (Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Brownies)
- Best Presentation: Michaela Kitzinger & Patti Eberhard (Chocolate Coca Cola Cupcakes)
Thank you also to our local celebrity judges, who braved the cold to select our winners for Most Original and Best Presentation: Beth Hubbard (Corey Lake Orchards), Melissa McPherson (Three Rivers Public Library), and Brian Persky (Three Rivers Downtown Development Authority). World Fare continues to be able to pursue its mission of supporting economically disadvantaged communities around the world because of the amazing support of our local volunteers, customers and chocolate aficionados!