World Fare is a non-profit, volunteer-run fair trade store in Three Rivers, Michigan. World Fare is one of many stores throughout the U.S. and Canada that are set up specifically to create a market for the fairly traded goods of economically disadvantaged artisans. But our role goes far beyond sales. Through events and publications, we tell artisans’ stories, educate people about fair trade and develop cross-cultural understanding, both globally and locally.
- Deborah Haak-Frost
- Kim Henritzy
- Julie Keefer
- Karen Keefer
- Jenn Lindsay
- Kitty Patrick
- Jean Thompson
- Kirstin Vander Giessen-Reitsma
- Rob Vander Giessen-Reitsma
In order to practically affirm the values of social justice and community, World Fare will connect Three Rivers to the world by marketing the fairly traded handcrafts and telling the stories of disadvantaged workers around the globe.
Our vision is that our inherent connectedness as members of the global community will be revealed in such a way that individuals are inspired to serve others in whatever way they are equipped–locally, nationally and internationally.
We value …
- The practical application of knowledge to action.
- Approaches to poverty that empower individuals to positively affect their own futures rather than condemn individuals to be dependent on handouts.
- The dignity of the individual and the right of all workers to fair compensation for their labor.
- The power of individuals to have a direct positive impact on others through simple choices and actions.
- The power of a community that is working together to have a dramatic impact on the well-being of its own members and on the members of other communities.
- The power of cross-cultural understanding to develop problem-solving skills and diminish conflict.